MSA Latchways Overhead Lifeline Systems provide permanent cable-based fall arrest within hangars where aircraft positioning is consistent or access is continuously required within the same area. Overhead Systems combine innovative Constant Force® Technology with unique mobile anchorage as a robust solution for outstanding levels of safety, convenience and versatility. Workers attached to an overhead system are provided with unfettered mobility and continuous, hands-free security while working at heights.
With an MSA Latchways overhead lifeline system the Constant Force technology is housed in an in-line energy absorber. In the event of a fall by a worker connected to the system, the attachment device is captive on the cable arrest the fall while the Constant Force energy absorber controls the load on the system.
- Load is limited to a maximum of 18 kN in the event of a fall.
- The load remains limited to a maximum of 18 kN whether one, two or three workers fall.
- The Constant Force energy absorber has a safety factor of 2: working deployment of 18 kN, design deployment of 36 kN.
- MSA’s system cable is manufactured from 1 x 19 stainless steel. It does not stretch and has a breaking strain of over 45 kN.
- The system cable can be tensioned to 5 kN to eliminate sag and any whiplash effect if a worker falls.
- The use of Constant Force technology allows for single spans of up to 60 m. Thereby reducing the number of costly ‘T’ bars and anchoring points within the system.
- Constant Force systems are quicker, easier and less costly to install than ‘I’ beam systems.
- MSA’s Latchways systems can easily accommodate changes of direction.
- System tested to BS EN 795.
- The overhead device has been certified by SATRA and conforms to BS EN 362:1992.