Keeping airlines safe with IATA and IOSA compliant body fluid spill kits
Clean Stream Technologies provides to the airline industry, the latest biohazard spill kits, designed to neutralise odours, and provide a hygienic handling and disposal system for spills, including blood, vomit, and body fluids that pose health hazards including HIV and Hepatitis.
Clean Stream Technologies has supplied world leading airlines including Qantas, Etihad, Qatar, Oman Air, Malaysia Airlines, Egypt Air, Swiss Air, and JAL.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) guidelines state that an adequate number of universal precaution kits should be kept in the aircraft, and additional kits should be carried at times of increased public health risk, such as global pandemics.
ZeoMed kits have been packaged to contain all the contents recommended by IATA, and customised OEM kits can be made for airlines seeking specific PPE requirements or cabin galley restrictions.
ZeoMed kits include absorbent powder, absorbent cleaning cloths, sealing waste disposal bags or sealing bulk containers, face masks, splash goggles, gloves, aprons, scoops, scrapers, bright yellow waste warning materials and instruction sheets.
ZeoMed Kits also comply with IOSA (IATA Occupational Safety Audit) Standards and Regulations, and their compact design fits neatly into cabin galleys, without taking up too much valuable space.
Clean Stream Technologies has been supplying airlines with ZeoMed kits for years, and says that Covid has only drawn more attention to the need for hygienic flights.
Customised kits can also be produced to suit the particular needs of individual sites. The main kits include:
- Body Fluid Spill Kit (designed for in-field use with portable first aid kits for quick access by employees)
- Biohazard Spill Kit (ideal for corporate, hospitality and public domains, located near first aid stations or cleaning trolleys)
- Cytotoxic Body Fluid Spill Kit (provides additional protection for cleanups of body fluids from patients who have been treated with cytotoxic drugs)
- Laboratory Spill Kit (configured for laboratory and similar applications where spills may be body fluid or other liquids, such as chemicals)
- Multipurpose Spill Kit (for venues such as supermarkets, variety stores, shopping centres, restaurants, hospitality and transport terminals where staff or the public may be at risk from biohazard and chemical hazards as well as slip and fall hazards)
- Sharps Kit (ideal for safely disposing of needles and syringes)
9 Endeavour Road Caringbah
- 1300 064 428