The integrated keyboard NEPTUN chrom® is equipped with the well-proven DESKO OCR and MSR reading technology. The keyboard reads travel documents such as passports, ID cards and visas as well as magnetic stripe cards such as customer loyalty cards or credit cards. As an optional feature, RFID and smart card reading is available.
What makes the NEPTUN chrom outstanding to traditional check-in keyboards is its water and dust resistance according to IP54 regulations. This means that the entire keyboard remains fully intact event if water is spilled on the keyboard or swipe slot. This feature decreases downtimes and repair costs. No more damaged keyboards due to water spillage. No more closed counters due to equipment replacements. The NEPTUN chrom supports you 24/7.
Besides the technical features, the NEPTUN chrom comes in a fresh and stylish look. Its ergonomic shape guarantees a comfortable usage while minimizing the space needs on every desktop.
With the combination of state-of-the-art technology and design, the NEPTUN chrom sets new standards for integrated keyboards.
- OCR reader: bidirectional swipe reader for all ICAO conform travel documents, ID cards, passports and visas according to ISO/IEC /IEC 7501-1 and ICAO 9303.7501-1 and ICAO 9303
- Magnetic stripe reader: bidirectional swipe reader for all magnetic based cards and documents according to ISO 7810 and 7811 standards (credit and debit cards, customer and service cards)
- Water and dust resistant according to IP54 regulations
- RFID module: for biometric passport reading optionally available
- Encrypted Read Head: required for credit card transactions
- Chip card module: for synchronous and asynchronous chip cards optionally available
- Integrated mouse pointing device
- USB: the keyboard is plug-compatible to all PC workstations via USB
- Footprint: L 385 mm (15.2 inches) x W 200 mm (7.9 inches)
- Weight: approx. 1400 g (3 lb)