|Company||Clean Stream Technologies|
Clean Stream Technologies is introducing to the aviation industry its latest ZeoMed biohazard spill kits, designed to neutralise odours, and provide a hygienic handling and disposal system for spills, including blood, vomit, and body fluids that pose health hazards including HIV and Hepatitis.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) guidelines state that an adequate number of universal precaution kits should be kept in the aircraft, and additional kits should be carried at times of increased public health risk, such as global pandemics.
“ZeoMed kits have been packaged to contain all the contents recommended by IATA, and customised OEM kits can be made for airlines seeking specific PPE requirements or cabin galley restrictions,” says Clean Stream Technologies General Manager, Scott Whittaker.
ZeoMed kits include absorbent powder, absorbent cleaning cloths, sealing waste disposal bags or sealing bulk containers, face masks, splash goggles, gloves, aprons, scoops, scrapers, bright yellow waste warning materials and instruction sheets.
ZeoMed body fluid spill kits contain absorbent powder, absorbent cleaning cloths, sealing waste disposal bags or sealing bulk containers, face masks, splash goggles, gloves, aprons, scoops, scrapers, bright yellow waste warning materials and instruction sheets.
“Protection of passengers and cabin crew is essential in the event of a mid-air body fluid spill, which is often someone vomiting, but can also be blood, urine, or faeces in certain circumstances,” says Whittaker.
“There’s nothing worse than someone vomiting mid-air, with nowhere for the smell to escape, which can often set up a chain reaction of sickness amongst passengers.”
“Spills are an area that you want to clean quickly. Quite apart from their unsightly appearance, or foul smell, they can cause a slip hazard on hard floors, or they can transmit bloodborne diseases,” says Whittaker.
ZeoMed Kits comply with IOSA (IATA Occupational Safety Audit) Standards and Regulations, and their compact design fits neatly into cabin galleys, without taking up too much valuable space.
“No flight attendant wants to clean up someone else’s vomit, but for the safety and comfort of passengers, it has to be done. With a ZeoMed kit on hand, they are able to do it in a safe, hygienic, and fuss-free manner,” added Whittaker.
Clean Stream Technologies has been supplying airlines with ZeoMed kits for years, and says that Covid has only drawn more attention to the need for hygienic flights.
“No one liked spills before, but Covid has certainly shone a spotlight on the need for a hygienic plane. Hygiene-conscious airlines have been stocking up to make sure they are prepared for mid-flight ills,” said Whittaker.
The full ZeoMed range
Customised kits can also be produced to suit the particular needs of individual sites. The main kits include:
- Body Fluid Spill Kit (designed for in-field use with portable first aid kits for quick access by employees)
- Biohazard Spill Kit (ideal for corporate, hospitality and public domains, located near first aid stations or cleaning trolleys)
- Cytotoxic Body Fluid Spill Kit (provides additional protection for cleanups of body fluids from patients who have been treated with cytotoxic drugs)
- Laboratory Spill Kit (configured for laboratory and similar applications where spills may be body fluid or other liquids, such as chemicals)
- Multipurpose Spill Kit (for venues such as supermarkets, variety stores, shopping centres, restaurants, hospitality and transport terminals where staff or the public may be at risk from biohazard and chemical hazards as well as slip and fall hazards)
- Sharps Kit (ideal for safely disposing of needles and syringes)
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Clean Stream Technologies