easyJet Improves despite operating challenges; KLM, Iberia and Alitalia fare better than most with a 4 star rating.
We have released our annual On-time Performance (OTP) Star Ratings, which accredits the top airlines and airports around the world for superior punctuality performance.
easyJet was awarded a respectable 3 Star rating after a year of challenges brought on by significant air traffic congestion in Summer 2018. However, damage to punctuality and the costs that delays are incurring has resulted in one of Europe’s biggest carriers Lufthansa been harder hit with their OTP falling to a 2-star level.
- Delays across Europe for airlines increased by over 14% from Summer 2017/18 and impact ratings.
- KLM, Iberia, Alitalia lead largest Western European based carriers achieving 4 Stars.
- Air Baltic, Aeroflot and Binter Canarias earn 5 Star Rating.
- Milan Linate, Tenerife Norte, Liverpool, Paris Beauvais-Tille, Santa Cruz and Dortmund also earned 5 Star status.
801 Warrenville Road
No. 1 Capability Green
- +44 (0) 1582 695 050 (UK Office)
- +1 800 342 5624 (US Office)