|Event||Border Security Conference 2020|
|Organiser||SMi Group Ltd.|
|Press Release Date||16.01.2020|
Leonardo joins Innovative Travel Solutions (ITS) as Gold Sponsor for the Border Security Conference, which is to be held in Rome, Italy on the 11th – 12th February 2020.
SMi Group is delighted to announce that Leonardo will be exhibiting and speaking at Border Security 2020. The conference, which will convene in Rome on the 11th and 12th February, will bring together international industry professionals and government officials to explore border security implementation, technological solutions and effective policing strategies.
Leonardo has a world recognized expertise in surveillance, detection and information solutions to protect and secure harbours, airports, land and sea borders leveraging latest generation radar, electro-optics and secure communications and are a world player in Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space, developing advanced components to fully integrated systems and platforms.
With just 4 weeks to go, places are increasingly limited – interested parties should register soon at http://www.bordersec-conference.com/airportsupplierspr7
Alongside Leonardo, the event boasts a variety of speakers consisting of government officials and industry leaders:
- Mr John Vine, Former Chief Inspector of Borders, Borders & Immigration
- Rear Admiral Aurelio De Carolis, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Italian Navy, Italian Navy General, Italian Navy
- Mr Patrick Nemeth, Director, Identity Operations Division, Department of Homeland Security
- Mr Jason R. Thompson, Assistant Chief, United States Border Patrol HQ, Enforcement Systems Branch-Biometrics, Department of Homeland Security
- Ms Keri Phoenix, Manager Innovative Travel Solutions, Vancouver Airport Authority
- Mr Christopher Maston, Port Director, Miami International Airport, Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security
- Mr Patrick Sgueglia, Product Manager Regulatory, Lufthansa
- Mr Cristian Fanelli, AIRCOP Law Enforcement Analyst, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Vice Admiral Luis Carlos de Sousa Pereira, PRT Maritime Authority Director-general / Commandant, PRT Maritime Police, Portuguese Navy
- Captain (Navy) Luigi Ciani, Chief of the C2, Integration and Maritime Surveillance Systems Office, Italian Navy
- Mr Rocco Messina, Head of the Border Security and Management Unit, United Nations Office of Counter Terrorism
- Superintendent Patrik Engstrom, Head of Section, Swedish Police Authority
- And many more
Returning for its 13th year, Border Security 2020 will provide an excellent opportunity to meet and network with key industry stakeholders, as well as discuss the latest developments in the field of cross border security and countering threats.
Running alongside the Border Security conference will be a workshop on Countering Emerging Threats in Document and Identity Verification in Border Security. Led by Professor James Ferryman, Project Coordinator, PROTECT, The University of Reading, on 10th February 2020.
The full agenda and speaker line-up can be viewed online at: http://www.bordersec-conference.com/airportsupplierspr7
45 Curlew Street
- +44 (0)20 7827 6000