|Event||Border Security Conference 2020|
|Organiser||SMi Group Ltd.|
|Press Release Date||27.09.2019|
The programme has been released for the 13th annual Border Security Conference being held in Rome, Italy on the 11th and 12th February.
SMi are delighted to release the agenda for Border Security 2020, taking place 11th and 12th February in Rome.
The biggest early bird discount expires on October 31st. Register early to save £400 at: www.bordersec-conference.com/PR2
The conference will bring together international experts in law enforcement and border control to discuss the evolving challenge of securing national borders. Attendees will learn about current trends in illegal movement across borders and the challenges being faced by border agencies.
Event sponsor, Vancouver Airport Authority, will present on the latest innovations to relieve pressures upon border agency staff and infrastructures and opportunity to engage with them directly. Experts will deliver keynote presentations regarding developments in biometrics and Naval initiatives.
Keynote presentations will include:
Facilitating Biometric Identity Services for the US Department of Homeland Security – Operational Look at the Systems/ Process of IDENT/ HART
- An overview of one of the largest automated biometric identification systems in the world
- What it means to be an “identity as a service” provider
Mr Patrick Nemeth, Director, Identity Operations Division, Department of Homeland Security
Challenges at the United States Border
- Combating family fraud and human trafficking with biometrics
- Legal and other special considerations needed when working with children
Mr Jason R. Thompson, Assistant Chief, United States Border Patrol HQ, Enforcement Systems Branch-Biometrics, Department of Homeland Security
The Portuguese (PRT) Maritime Authority – Maritime Police in European Border Control Operations
- The Sea – a multidimensional and multidisciplinary space
- PRT Maritime Authority and European Coast Guard Functions
- Surveillance, control and information sharing in PRT jurisdictional waters
- PT Maritime Police participation in FRONTEX operations
Vice Admiral Luis Carlos de Sousa Periera, PRT Maritime Authority Director- General/ Commandant, PRT Maritime Police, Portuguese Navy
U.S. Navy Initiatives for Border Protection at Sea: an overview of the Navy’s Identity Dominance System (IDS) and Biometrically Enabled Access Control – Husbanding (BEACH)
- IDS and identity collection at sea
- BEACH and identity vetting and ship biometric access control in port
- Value of biometric database population and data sharing
Mr Mike Jones, Identity Dominance System Technical Lead, Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division, US Navy
A pre-conference workshop on “Countering Emerging Threats in Document and Identity Verification in Border Security” will take place on February 10th. This workshop will provide attendees with information on the latest developments in the use of biometrics to establish identity to create seamless traveller experience at the border, and focus resources on those posing the greatest risk. It will be led by Professor John Ferryman, Project Coordinator, PROTECT.
The full two-day programme is available on the event website at: www.bordersec-conference.com/PR2
45 Curlew Street
- +44 (0)20 7827 6000