Belavia-Belarusian Airlines joined an Industry Charter for COVID-19 developed by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). At the current moment 46 airports and 50 airline companies, the main priority of which is the provision of security to passengers during the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, joined the Charter.
The participation in the Charter demonstrates the intention of the joined airline companies and the airports to provide the highest standards of the epidemiologic safety, while carrying out their activities, as well as to cooperate in order to find new solutions and standards, which could ensure maximum safety of the passengers and stuff of the airline companies and the airports. Thus, joining the union by Belavia-Belarusian Airlines means a full compliance of the implemented flights safety measures with the international standards.
Organizations joining the Charter are obliged to comply with the following principles:
- to follow the recommendations of the “COVID-19 Aviation Health Safety Protocol” developed by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).;
- with the national authorities coordinate the actions on the implementation of the recommendations in order to achieve maximum flight safety;
- on agreement with the competent authorities, develop alternative means to mitigate the risks in case a recommendation cannot be implemented due to specific restrictions, and inform EASA and ECDC about them;
- to monitor the effectiveness of the taken measures and to inform the appropriate authorities as well as EASA and ECDC about any deficiencies;
- to analysis the effectiveness of the measures and weekly report to EASA, ECDC;
- to develop more effective methods to ensure the safety and to provide the information to EASA, ECDC.